What is Work & Travel USA?
Work & Travel USA is a Cultural Exchange Program which gives students from all over the world a chance to participate and spend a summer in the USA. This program can start from mid-May until the end of September, giving you the possibility to work for four months and after travel for 30 days as a tourist.
Can I Participate?
- You should be a Student attending the academic year 2021/2022
- Be between 18 and 22/23, for medical students up to 25/26 years old
- Speak Intermediate level English
If you fulfill the above requirements CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- To gain experience in an international company while working with an international team
- For the chance to experience the rights and privileges enjoyed by American society members
- A great way to build business relationships with foreign partners and to find individuals with specialized knowledge or interest in investments
- To achieve independence and flexibility as you experience unusual and different situations
- To receive valuable real-life experience while abroad
- To learn and practice English on a higher level
- To absorb What’s New This Season cultures and develop What’s New This Season perspectives
What documents are required to apply?
You will receive a detailed list of all required documents from Discover America.
- CIEE Application form
- Two passport size photos (smiling)
- Student transcript
- One copy of your identity card
How much will it cost?
Discover America offers two Work and Travel Programs:
- Self Arranged – We arrange all the paperwork and you will have to find a Job Offer by yourself.
- Arranged – GOLD: We arrange all the paperwork and we find you a Job Place.
What is Included in my Package?
- DS Form 2019 issued from a sponsor company in the USA which allows you to work legally for four months.
- Secured job place
- Health Insurance covers all the emergency medical expenses while in the USA.
- Orientation before leaving your home country or after arriving.
- Assisting in completing the documentation for the U.S embassy.
- 24 hours – toll-free line, for assistance.
What is not included?
- Plane Ticket
- Sevis ( US government fee ) of 35 USD
- Visa fee for US embassy.
What Can I Work?
As a work and Travel participant you are not allowed to work in the field of nursing, babysitting, kinder gardens, aircraft crew or on the ship, you can work almost everything else. International students mostly can be seen working in the hotel industry as a front desk assistant, maintenance, housekeeping, in the entertainment and restaurant industries as a cook, waiter, busboy, hostess, in grocery stores as a cashier, as a different clerk in a different department. On the beaches or inside and outside pools as a lifeguard and a lot of other interesting jobs.
How can I get enrolled?
The first step is to visit the office of Discover America to fill an application and to administer the English test.